Count Us In - update (October 2009)
Good progress is being made in the build up to the launch of Count Us In, including:
- Jason Rowland has been appointed as Music Director, having worked extensively across Hertfordshire, both alongside the Hertfordshire Music Service and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, developing in-school and out-of-school projects.
- Sean Gregory, Head of Centre for Creative & Professional Practice, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, has been appointed as CPD advisor and facilitator.
- Nick Denham, Head of Participation and Inclusion, Hertfordshire Music Service, has been appointed as coordinator of Count Us In.
- A steering group has been established which meets monthly.
- A briefing was held on 25 September for Head Teachers from the participating Secondary Schools.
- A training/team-building day will be held in Stevenage on 25 October when all Heads of Music will meet the other artistic personnel to start the process of forging unified teams and devising the shared programme of workshops.
- The full delivery framework will be agreed following a two-day creative exploration programme, to include the 36 music practitioners, to be held on 26 and 27 October in Hatfield.
- The strand of activity out of schools is being planned with Youth Connexions and agencies working with young people in out-of-county placements.
- An evaluation consultant has been appointed.