Year-long traineeship with Spitalfields Music and Orchestras Live
September 2019–July 2020
Spitalfields Music and Orchestras Live are offering the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading.
Thanks to generous support from Help Musicians UK’s National Grants Programme, Spitalfields Music and Orchestras Live will work in partnership in 2019/20, offering one traineeship for a musician based in the north of England.
This is an opportunity for an experienced musician, based in the north of England, to develop the music leadership aspects of their freelance career, particularly including work with professional orchestras.
We are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
From September 2019 to July 2020, the trainee will:
- take part in at least 3 creative music projects in the North of England alongside experienced workshop leaders
- attend 3 days of practical music leader training in London
- receive mentoring and guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
- work together with other trainees to devise and deliver their own school-based creative project with Spitalfields Music in London
- receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Auditions and interviews will take place in Leeds on Friday 19 July. Please note we are unable to offer alternative dates for these auditions.
Application deadline: Tuesday 25 June, 9am
Please read the full application pack for further details including how to apply.