How we are funded
Orchestras Live is a registered charity reliant on a wide range of income sources to deliver our work, including:
- Charitable trusts and foundations
- Arts Council England
- Donations and legacies
- Partnership income
- Other statutory grants
- Consultancy and commissions
We are delighted to be one of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio Organisations, an integral part of the country’s cultural infrastructure.
In 2018/19 our total income was £867,361, of which just over half was contributed by Arts Council England. We have a long-term target to diversify our income sources further and raise additional funds to respond to our beneficiaries’ needs.
How we spend our money
In 2018/19 our funds enabled us to:
- Reach 50,074 people including 27,367 children and young people.
- Sustain 57 ongoing partnerships including investment by local authorities and music education hubs.
- Deliver a total of 176 projects including orchestral residencies, community and education projects, concerts, and work devised for specific audiences and places.
- Work across England with 21 professional orchestras.
How our money goes further
Through collaboration with local partners we contribute to the national and regional infrastructure for orchestral activity, raising the ambition of local initiatives and stimulating greater inward investment. In 2018/19 as a result of our work, £245,409 additional funds were levered into local communities.