The Communications Assistant will support the Communications Strategist (part-time) across a range of communications areas including brand management, email marketing, press, social media content creation and monitoring, and website management. This is a new role that strengthens Orchestras Live’s central communications function to build on our increasing profile as a sector leader.
This role is a part-time (15 hours per week) employee position with scope to increase hours in the future. The post-holder will provide communications support for the wider Orchestras Live team (Communications Strategist and Production and Insight Coordinator). Flexible working options are available: Home-based, office (we have office space for hot-desking in London and Leeds) or hybrid.
To undertake activity relating to the external communications of Orchestras Live under the direction of the Communications Strategist (deferring to Production and Insight Coordinator outside the working hours of the Communications Strategist).
- Ensure all Orchestras Live communications comply with brand guidelines and agreed corporate messaging.
- Ensure Orchestras Live partners’ compliance relating to branding/crediting requirements for project activity.
- Catalogue and maintain Orchestras Live’s photo library.
- Support the planning, design and publication of corporate communications tools (e.g. impact report).
CRM AND DIGITAL
- In consultation with the Communications Strategist, lead the content planning, design and collation for Orchestras Live monthly ebulletin.
- Maintain records on third-party software (Mailchimp) for Orchestras Live’s ebulletin circulation.
- Lead on the updating of the Orchestras Live website.
- Monitor digital analytics (inc. Google Analytics and social media analytics) for regular reporting and create custom reports on digital engagement as required.
- Create and edit rich multimedia as required (video/podcasts).
- In consultation with the Communications Strategist, lead on the content planning and design for Orchestras Live social media channels (primarily Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Monitor social media for relevant stories/topics for engagement by Orchestras Live.
- Occasionally draft, proofread and write press releases.
- Monitor and collate stakeholder feedback and press cuttings as required.
- Play a part in the general development of Orchestras Live as a member of the staff team.
- Support the planning and delivery of sector events developing OL’s thought leadership strategy, including providing administrative and technical support where required.
- Any other general communications tasks as required.
Terms and Conditions
- The position is 40% full-time equivalent (15 hours per week).
- Confirmation of the position is subject to a 3-month probationary period.
- Flexible working options are available: Home-based, office (we have office space for hot-desking in London and Leeds) or hybrid. We will agree with the post-holder attendance at a minimum number of Team meetings either in Leeds or London (expenses paid for home workers).
- The salary will be £7,381 per annum (40% of a full-time equivalent salary of £18,453).
- The annual leave will be 25 days plus Bank Holidays/Extra Statutory Days, pro rata.
- Orchestras Live’s workplace pension provider is the Local Government Pension Scheme run by the Essex Pension Fund.
- Notice can be served by either party, giving one months’ written notice of intent.