The Funding Development Co-ordinator will provide support to the Funding Development Manager in the implementation of the organisation’s fundraising strategy. This is a new role that augments Orchestras Live’s trust fundraising function and will underpin our ambitions to further diversify our income sources.
This role is a part-time (18.75 hours per week) employee position with scope to increase hours in the future. The post-holder will support the Development function at Orchestras Live, which is vital in securing income to sustain and develop our national programme of inspirational orchestral activities.
Income is primarily raised through grants from public and private sources to support operational costs, activity-based strands of work and project-specific costs. We also collaborate with and advise partners in raising funds for co-produced projects and events.
Under the direction of the Funding Development Manager:
- Assist in the implementation of Orchestras Live’s Funding Development Strategy to enable the organisation to effectively meet its fundraising goals.
- Help to communicate the charity’s funding needs and impact in a clear and compelling way to a variety of funders and stakeholders.
- Support the administrative processes that underpin the effective running of the Funding Development function.
Trusts & Foundations
- Under the guidance of the Funding Development Manager, draft tailored project funding applications (generally up to £10,000), to an agreed range and number of trusts and foundations, addressing priorities and requirements specified by the funder.
- Liaise with Orchestras Live’s Producer Team to help build knowledge and understanding of Orchestras Live’s projects and budgets, to facilitate identification of the best funding opportunities, inform a timetabled pipeline of applications and to help the development of creative and compelling cases for support.
- Develop good relations with funders, acting as a professional and friendly point of contact and providing prompt and efficient stewardship and administration, to include:
- Acknowledging and processing grants accurately and promptly
- Writing thank you letters to supporters.
- Under the guidance of the Funding Development Manager, writing grant reports / updates to meet funders’ deadlines, effectively communicating their impact.
- Accurately maintaining electronic records of donations.
- Ensuring donor credits are maintained in project marketing materials and on Orchestras Live’s website.
- As requested by the Funding Development Manager, use a variety of tools to undertake creative and methodical research into prospective and existing national, regional and local funders, preparing reports that help future planning and strategy.
- Maintain awareness of developments in the sector by monitoring opportunities, publications, new funders and support for other organisations.
- Support the Funding Development Manager in the development of a new individual giving scheme for Orchestras Live.
- Work closely with the Communications Team to ensure co-ordinated, timely and engaging printed and digital fundraising marketing messages and materials.
- Oversee the administration of a new on-line donation function on the Orchestras Live website, thanking donors, maintaining records and producing reports.
- Assist in the delivery and administration of ad-hoc fundraising campaigns and appeals.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of donor cultivation events.
Data and Administration
- Participate in the day-to-day administration of the Funding Development function.
- Manage and maintain accurate and GDPR-compliant data relating to supporters and prospects, using Orchestras Live’s CRM system, Excel spreadsheets / other systems.
- Undertake data analysis, pulling financial, cultivation and other reports and using the database as a research tool.
- Play a part in the general development of Orchestras Live as a member of the staff team.
- Any other general administrative tasks as required.
Terms and Conditions
- The position is 50% full-time equivalent (18.75 hours per week).
- Confirmation of the position is subject to a 3-month probationary period.
- Flexible working options are available: Home-based, office (we have office space for hot-desking in London and Leeds) or hybrid. We will agree with the post-holder attendance at a minimum number of Team meetings either in Leeds or London (expenses paid for home workers).
- The salary will be £12,500 per annum (50% of a full-time equivalent salary of £25,000).
- The annual leave will be 25 days plus Bank Holidays/Extra Statutory Days, pro rata.
- Orchestras Live’s workplace pension provider is the Local Government Pension Scheme run by the Essex Pension Fund.
- Notice can be served by either party, giving one months’ written notice of intent.