The Regional Producer – Midlands is a creative, entrepreneurial role with an emphasis on co-production with an extensive range of partners and programmes in and around the Midlands, together with strategic business development.
The post is regionally based in the Midlands (Arts Council England region).
Orchestras Live Regional Producer – Midlands forms a key element in the organisation’s structure, designed to support our national footprint through regional delivery, with a view to staged regional growth in future years. This role sits alongside the Regional Producer – North in our Producer team, led by the Senior Creative Producer. The successful post holder will report to the Chief Executive.
As a champion for OL’s ethos that orchestras are for everyone, the post holder will work closely with the Orchestras Live team to deliver our commitment to engage people of all ages and backgrounds, and particularly those in historically under-invested, non-metropolitan communities in England, in creating work that harnesses the transformative power of orchestral music to inspire, bring joy and support wellbeing.
They will liaise with colleagues across a focused, experienced team to contribute to Orchestras Live’s unique thought leadership role, including influencing change to address inequalities in the sector, both within the orchestral workforce and our audiences and participants.
- Provide the regional focus to develop and coordinate a programme of innovative, collaborative, inclusive orchestral projects and events, for which OL is the creative producer, to engage new audiences and participants in high quality live orchestral experiences, largely in the Midlands region of England, through:
- Leading the relationships with a specified group of OL’s existing partners
- Supporting the Senior Creative Producer in managing partnerships, subject to regular review.
- In consultation with the Senior Creative Producer and Funding Development Manager, identify and build new opportunities for strategic partnerships e.g. with local authorities, Music Education Hubs, social and health providers, promoters and orchestras, with a focus on historically under-invested communities.
- In consultation with the Senior Creative Producer and Regional Producer – North, implement delivery of national programmes at a regional/local level with specific Midlands partners.
- Develop and drive a strategy to support and develop the regional and local partner network, fostering consultation and collaboration across the network in order to deliver OL’s business plan priorities.
- Work proactively with artistic partners to embed inclusive practice and achieve measurable progress in diversifying the orchestral and creative workforce, audience and participant base.
- In consultation with the Senior Creative Producer and Chief Executive, identify opportunities to capitalise on OL’s specialist expertise to provide consultancy services to regional clients.
- Work closely with the Senior Creative Producer and Production and Insight Coordinator to monitor, evaluate and report on the impact of Orchestras Live’s activity in the Midlands.
- Liaise and collaborate on a regular basis with the Production and Insight Coordinator, supplying financial, engagement, audience and other monitoring data as required.
- In consultation with the Communications Strategist, deliver a strategic regional communications plan to support the national brand and engage with Orchestras Live’s thought leadership strategy to influence positive change in the orchestral sector.
- Represent and advocate for Orchestras Live to a wide range of stakeholders in the region.
Terms and Conditions
- The position is full time.
- Confirmation of the position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
- The normal place of work will be your home, in the Midlands region of England. Orchestras Live’s registered office is in Leeds, with an ancillary office in London. Orchestras Live's staff team is dispersed around the country: the team meets regularly – in person in either office and/or virtually.
- The salary will be £34,750.
- Expenses for necessary travel will be reimbursed on receipt of monthly claims and receipts.
- The annual leave will be 25 days plus Bank Holidays/Extra Statutory Days.
- Orchestras Live’s workplace pension provider is the Local Government Pension Scheme run by the Essex Pension Fund.
- After 1 month’s service, notice can be served by either party, giving three months’ written notice of intent.