- Tuesday 5th April
Together in Music, Culmination events, Saltburn Theatre Manchester Camerata, Redcar & Cleveland
- Wednesday 13th April
Hear and Now performance – Philharmonia, University of Bedfordshire Theatre, Bedford
Other project activity
We also have a number of ongoing community and learning projects continuing throughout the month including:
- Digital technology and Inclusive Practice Skills Lab with Spitalfields Music, Leeds College of Music – 29 April
Find out more on Spitalfields Music's website
- Hear and Now – hybrid project with Philharmonia and intergenerational groups in Bedford (online workshops)
- "Destinies" film"Destinies" is a co-created filmed theatre piece created with young people with care experience and unaccompanied asylum seekers across Derby and Derbyshire in partnership with Sinfonia Viva, Derbyshire Virtual School and Orchestra Live. Ava Hunt Theatre produced "Destinies" across a two year period 2019 to 2021 navigating the Covid restrictions. Young people worked with artists specialising in writing, character creation, performing, animation, musical composition and lyric writing exploring how to trust, make new friends and what is home - 'Better to be friends together than strangers alone'.
Watch The Destinies film
- Our Impact Review The last couple of years have been anything but normal in terms of activity. So, rather than write a report which will sit on our website gathering virtual dust, we thought we’d do things a bit differently this year, to better reflect how we now communicate. We sat down with the Chair of our Board, Tony Stoller, and our CEO, Sarah Derbyshire MBE, to ask them to reflect on the last extraordinary 18 months in this film.
Watch Our Impact Review film
- Tea Break episode six In episode six of Tea break, Orchestras Live Senior Creative Producer, Stuart Bruce, chats with Sarah Freestone, music leader and composer, about life as a 21st century freelance musician. Their discussion covers how Sarah has built a career as a portfolio musician; working as a music leader, composer, educator and player; how she coped with the pandemic and what she learnt from it, as well as her experiences working collaboratively with communities on various music projects including with Orchestras Live.
Watch Tea Break episode six
Sign up to our e-bulletin for all the latest news, articles and insights