We are pleased to be performing to live audiences at the moment although our project sharing will remain closed to participants and their families for the time being. We look forward to announcing public concerts coming soon.
- Skills Lab: Creative Communities Co-creativity and inclusive practice online training workshop for musicians - 8 June 2021
We produce a wide range of live orchestral experiences across the country, in collaboration with our partners. Many of these events are open to the public and you can find out more information and how to book via the links below:
- Share Sound Durham - Closed sharing performance, Monday 21 June 2021
- Share Sound Nottinghamshire - Closed sharing performance, Tuesday 22 June 2021
- Music of the Skerne - Closed film premiere and performance, Tuesday 29 June 2021
We have a number of ongoing community and learning projects continuing throughout the month including:
- Share Sound a major digital project that enables professional orchestras to work with Music Hubs to explore the digital creative space for ensemble music making.
Read the latest Share Sound update
- Creative Journeys a creative participatory music project with Sinfonia Viva that will enliven and enrich the lives of older people in Broadland, Babergh and South Holland.
Read more about Creative Journeys
- Encountering Wordsworth a large-scale collaborative project with young composers and musicians creating music inspired by the life and work of William Wordsworth. This project is co-produced with Cumbria Music Hub and Manchester Camerata.
Read about Encountering Wordsworth
- Music of the Skerne a creative project working with young people in Darlington to create a new piece inspired by County Durham's River Skerne and to be performed by Opera North.
- London Symphony Orchestra: Coffee Sessions- Each week LSO features a piece of music specially chosen by their players and recorded from home.
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra: Spotlight Series at Home - The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performs a versatile and powerful range of classical and Romantic music in this Spotlight Series at Home concert from London’s Cadogan Hall.
- Manchester Camerata: Untold - An online series centred around people from Manchester Camerata's community sharing their personal stories with universal truths.
- Orchestra of the Swan: Timelapse - Timelapse 2:0 incorporates a selection of pieces from Orchestra of the Swan’s new album of the same name; a CD that creates a space where sounds of the past and present collide to form a unique musical landscape.
On demand - for children and families
- BBC Ten Pieces: Ready-made lessons - No time to prepare a lesson? No access to your usual instruments or music room? These videos will enable you to explore aspects of the music curriculum with absolutely no preparation.
- Inside the Orchestra: Musical Games - A series of musical games to help younger children learn about different orchestral instruments.