- Available now Hear & Now Film Premiere
Watch the Hear & Now film
We have a number of ongoing community and learning projects continuing throughout the month including:
- Share Sound a major digital project that enables professional orchestras to work with Music Hubs to explore the digital creative space for ensemble music making.
Read the latest Share Sound update
- Music of the Skerne a creative project working with young people to create a new piece inspired by Durham's River Skerne and to be performed by Opera North.
Read the latest Music of the Skerne update
- Creative Journeys, Extraordinary Art Packs are being delivered to 300 people living in sheltered housing across South Holland this week and everyone will be invited to post back their creative contributions which will be collated and shared on an online gallery.
Read more about the Creative Journeys Extraordinary Art Parks
- London Symphony Orchestra: Coffee Sessions- Each week LSO features a piece of music specially chosen by their players and recorded from home.
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra: Spotlight Series at Home - The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performs a versatile and powerful range of classical and Romantic music in this Spotlight Series at Home concert from London’s Cadogan Hall.
- Manchester Camerata: Untold - An online series centred around people from Manchester Camerata's community sharing their personal stories with universal truths.
- Orchestra of the Swan: Timelapse - Timelapse 2:0 incorporates a selection of pieces from Orchestra of the Swan’s new album of the same name; a CD that creates a space where sounds of the past and present collide to form a unique musical landscape.
- London Philharmonic Orchestra: Debut Sounds - The LPO's annual concert of new compositions by the LPO Young Composers is now available to watch online.
On demand - for children and families
- BBC Ten Pieces: Ready-made lessons - No time to prepare a lesson? No access to your usual instruments or music room? These videos will enable you to explore aspects of the music curriculum with absolutely no preparation.
- Inside the Orchestra: Musical Games - A series of musical games to help younger children learn about different orchestral instruments.
- London Sinfonietta - Composition Challenges - Composition Challenges invites young people to create new music for the London Sinfonietta inspired by the works and musical ideas of living composers.
- London Symphony Orchestra - Lockdown Listening - A series of daily musical listening tasks for you to do at home – with your children, with your class or even by yourself.
Sign up to our e-newsletter for all the latest news, articles and insights delivered straight to your inbox