Orchestras Live believes orchestras are for everyone.
We ensure people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and locations have equal access to the highest quality, professional orchestral experiences. These experiences, created in consultation with communities and participating individuals, unlock the potential for lifelong musical enjoyment and engagement.
All of our work is about making the incredible music, artistry and skills of renowned British professional orchestras accessible to all sectors of society.
Support from our partners and funders allows us to create opportunities for:
- Isolated communities to re-engage with and raise the aspirations of people in their local areas
- Vital projects with children and young people, who may not have access to music at school or at home
- Innovative approaches and technology to break down barriers to access for people with a disability or who are marginalized or isolated
- Talent development for aspiring musicians and music leaders enabling them to evolve their practice and access new opportunities
- Life-affirming experiences leading to better health and wellbeing for our participants and audiences, as well as more cohesive and inclusive communities
There are special benefits of working with orchestras; a dramatic kaleidoscopic sound world, the opportunity to work with virtuoso musicians and a huge variety of instruments, all with the potential to have a transformational impact on the lives of people who are physically or emotionally isolated or unable to connect with cultural opportunities. This level of quality, inspiration and creativity has a profound effect on the participants of Orchestras Live’s events and projects as well as bringing related societal benefits to their locations.
I just want to say thank you really. This project has changed my life. Before this, I never thought that I would be able to perform in public. It has helped me with my confidence and meant that I can do things that I never thought possible.
~ Shine project participant
We want to reach more people with our work. With our expertise and your support, we can ensure many more people have access to the life changing benefits of orchestral music.
If you'd like to know more about how you can support our work, please contact Caroline Porter, Funding Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7520 1494